What you need for a mortgage application
When you have found the best deal for you, the actual mortgage application may be done over the phone, in a branch or online, depending on the lender, but you will have to produce documents to prove your income and expenditure.
Documents you will need:
- Last three months bank statements
- Last three months wage slips (including any overtime, bonus or commission)
- Details of existing loans or credit card commitments,
- A driving license or passport
- Proof of address (a utility bill dated within the last 3 months).
- If you have any arrears, defaults or county court judgements bring details of these.
- Bring any life insurance, savings, pensions or healthcare policies
If you are self-employed you will need to bring 3 years’ proof of accounts.